If you’re thinking about studying abroad in the U.S., you should put a few items on your to-do list. One of those to-do items should be a credential evaluation report. Credential evaluations are often required by U.S. colleges and universities and are used to confirm the accreditation of the institution or institutions in which you have already received a degree from, to ensure that the documents are legitimate, and to determine the equivalency of the education in your home country to education in the U.S.
As you search for a credential evaluation service, you’ll discover that there are lots of organizations that provide this service. Because there are so many credential evaluators, it can be hard to tell which ones will provide you with quality service. Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) is one provider that we recommend for these reasons:
- They are a charter member of NACES, the association that has set the standard of excellence for credential evaluation services since 1987.
- They have been a leader in the academic evaluation community, serving international students just like you, for 40 years.
- Their team of experienced professionals guarantees educational reports that are unsurpassed in quality.
- They have a 95% satisfaction rating from a survey of over 1,000 international applicants.
- They received the 2018 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Ethics and have an A+ rating from BBB.
Credential Evaluation Reports During COVID-19
ECE knows that many closures around the world mean it can be impossible for you to get the documents you need for a successful credential evaluation. In light of this, they have created the ECE® Scholar Profile. A Scholar Profile includes everything you would find in a standard ECE evaluation but is based on the documents available to you, providing the flexibility you need during these times.
The Scholar Profile will state that it’s based on unauthenticated documentation, which means students must confirm with their institution prior to purchase that they will accept this type of evaluation. The evaluation is good for up to five years, and if a school later requests to have the official documents verified, the Scholar Profile can be upgraded to a standard report. Visit the link below for more details including pricing.ECE® Scholar Profile
If your school offers a choice, it’s important to compare credential evaluators and settle on the best option for you. Starting your comparison with ECE is a good place to begin and here’s why:
- Outstanding Customer Service: ECE’s website has live support agents standing by who will answer your questions in real-time, or you can email and get a reply within 24 hours.
- Fastest Turnaround: Need your report fast? ECE’s average completion time is just 5 business days!
- Industry Leader: ECE’s evaluation staff has a combined experience of more than 300 years and each year ECE works with 35,000 students from every country in the world.
- Core Values: Excellence, Integrity, and Care are three that ECE lives by.
- Rigorous Standards: You don’t need to accept mediocrity. ECE’s standards ensure the highest quality results.
Types of Credential Evaluation Reports and Pricing
It’s important to pay close attention to what kind of report is required by the college or university that you’ve been accepted to.
This table outlines the types of credential evaluation reports offered by ECE, their prices, and what they’re used for:
|Type of Report||Price (in USD)||Report Features|
|General||$85||Confirms the authenticity of academic documents and recognizes the status of your institution and the equivalency of your program of study|
|General with Grade Average||$110||Same features as General but adds a cumulative GPA|
|Course-by-Course||$160||Provides information on all of your individual coursework including the U.S. equivalent course title, grade, and credits|
If you would like to learn more about ECE and the services that they offer, you can visit their website for lots of helpful resources. If you’re ready to apply, get started now!